Da-Gan - The National Center for the Advancement of Mathematical, Scientific, Technological Literacy in Preschool Education was established and operates under the academic sponsorship of the School of Education At Bar Ilan University in collaboration with the Science and Technology Supervision Department of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport.
- Fostering mathematics, science, and technology education in preschools while developing and disseminating knowledge, pedagogical tools, research tools and assessment in these areas.
- Promoting the professional development of preschool teachers who teach mathematics, science, and technology
- Supporting and strengthening the relationship between the Ministry of Education and the community of preschool teachers in all parts of the country
- Empowering the professional community teaching mathematics, science, and technology in preschool education in Israel
What kind of work is done at the center?
- Running an array of continuing education courses throughout the year designed to promote the professional development of leading preschool teachers.
- Conducting seminars and conferences for the advancement and benefit of teaching staff in the field of mathematics, science, and technology education in preschools.
- Running a website and publishing a journal in the field of mathematics, science, and technology education in preschools.
- Establishing a network of communication connecting preschool teachers and professionals in the field all over Israel and around the world.
- Developing and operating an information database for preschool education in the field of mathematics, science, and technology.
- Creating and managing a resource center for preschool teachers providing equipment, ideas, research literature, and training in the field of mathematics, science, and technology.
- Conducting research and development of the assessment and measurement tools needed to support the development of mathematical, scientific, technological literacy in preschools.
- Support for new initiatives in the field.